Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Wherever You Go, Our Network Follows!

No this post is not about HUTCH! Sorry, VODAFONE! It is about a friendship!! I can't call it a friendship........ May be an acquaintance.........Ok. Let me put an end to this hype and come to the point. Way back..........a few years ago......My parents had put me in a Matriculation School that is located in West Mambalam. I joined in the fourth grade after spending five years in a CBSE school. In my new school only one girl was quite close to me. Her name is Lakshmi. One particular incident about her that is still fresh in my mind is that she used to bring mostly Maggi for lunch. And she wouldn't take anyone's food. And even I wouldn't take outside food except for her Maggi. She was plump, fair and had a long hair. I just spent two years in that school because it was very far from my home and commuting was posing some problems. Consequently, I went onto do my rest of the schooling in a state board school. I joined in the sixth grade in that school. When I was in the seventh grade, one day I saw Lakshmi in my school. Yes. She has also joined the same school but was in a different section.

Days rolled on. Both of us were busy with our studies. There was a chasm between us. Given the fact that I used to be an extremely shy and introverted person, I didn't make any attempt to make our budding friendship to bloom. I completed the tenth grade and continued my eleventh grade in the same school. This time Lakshmi was my classmate once again. She was also the class in-charge. But we had chosen different optional subjects, which meant that there were a fewer chances for us to mingle. Then, I went onto do my under graduation in a popular college in the city. I used to commute to college with one of my friends. One day I was waiting to leave with her in the college corridor. Guess Who I saw then?? Lakshmi........ She had joined in a different branch in the same college during the same timing (day college) as mine. I did my post graduation in the same college, she also followed.

It has been few years since I finished my college. My contact with Lakshmi was almost snapped except for the initial formal scraps in the Orkut (Lakshmi found me in Orkut and added me as a friend some time back). Once again days rolled on. Now my office location has been shifted to Tidel Park. This morning, when I was about to keep my foot ahead in the escalator for going down, guess who was coming up in the other side? This time no prizes for guessing. It is none other than Lakshmi. I was surprisingly waving my hands towards her. But more surprises were in store for me. “Which company you work for?” she inquired. I proudly mentioned the name of the concern that I work for. A friend beside her was giggling………….what else? She also works for the same concern that I work for but in a different subdivision. The story continues…

5 comments:

Niranjani Ravi said...

Hey, this is really interesting. And of course I want u to rekindle ur friendship!!!

Poorna said...

:)

karthi said...

interesting ...
And you are missing now the
T nager trees..
Hey, if you dont mind , let me know your orkut id .

Poorna said...

thank you karthi. sure :)give me your orkut id, ill add you.

karthi said...

karthika.petchinathan@gmail.com .
thank you yar..