Thursday, March 5, 2009

Who said Traveling to Office is not a Fun?

People those who have read my past few posts must be aware of my new office location in Tidel Park. I commute to office by MTC buses. It takes more than one hour to reach Tidel Park from T Nagar. And from my house to T Nagar bus terminus, it takes about 15 minutes by auto. It means that if I am lucky enough to find a bus as soon as I reach the T Nagar bus depot and the traffic is not very bad, my average travel time to office is one hour and 15 minutes. But I think I am definitely lucky to find a bus almost everyday because the frequency of M7 that travels between T Nagar and Tidel Park is quite good. But I should be much luckier for the driver to start the bus as soon as I sit in the bus. At times, it irks to sit in a bus waiting for the driver to start it when you know that you have more than one hour to reach your destination.

But I should say that my bus travel is very eventful. I get to see many people− young college students, boisterous school children, quarrelsome vendors, sluggish office goers, reserved IT employees with ear phones plugged to their ears and the list is never ending. Fights and quarrels between the conductor and passengers are very common. The major upside of my bus travel is I get to indulge in my interests. I listen to music, meditate or read my favorite book. Of course, the most feasible option is listening to the music. For the rest, I need 100% concentration. So, of late, I play my favorite music or listen to the FM in my mobile. It simply refreshes me. Then, I get to know the routes and various locations. What’s more? The experience is worth its time and effort.

And eventually if I find an AC bus, I will consider myself luckier on that particular day. The AC Bus, 19 B, stops at very limited stops. So I will reach office within 45-50 minutes. Unlike the ordinary bus, the crowd in the AC bus comprises of only office goers and college students. Who will not like to travel in a bus with a clean and cool ambience? The peppy songs that are played in the FM add more fun to our travel. But the charge in the AC bus is four times more than that of an ordinary bus. Then, while returning, I mostly catch a mofusil bus, which is not very interesting.But the only respite is one of my colleagues company and our unlimited chat sessions and of course, I can reach home early.

Added Later: And a word about the conductors in the ac bus. Unlike ordinary buses, the conductors in the ac bus are civility personified. They are very polite and friendly.The sense of humor of some conductors make a big dent in our tension in the busy morning time.

5 comments:

கா.கி said...

Hi,
you have been awarded..
please visit my blog or this link

http://creativetty.blogspot.com/2009/03/blog-post_08.html

Karthik said...

He he.. Naan deluxe bus la kooda no entry... eana ticket edhukanum la... rusha irukura bus la footboard adhcite povoom!! AC bus la kannala thaan paarthurukken...

And unga bus route solliteenga... May be ungala anga paakalam :))) Eana ma projx centre s at Mandaiveli.. i go to T-nagar and frm thr catcha bus to adyar... anga irundhu frnd kooda Projx centre!! Naangalum long travel thaan seiroom!!

Poorna said...

oh! ennakku footboard adikka theriyathu :) nannum college studentta irundappo ac bussa kannalathan pathirukken :) when u are pressed to be on time to office, u can even catch a helicopter:)

hmmn...hope to C u in one of my long route travel :)

Anonymous said...

hello poorna,
Nice to know your bus adventures.Reminds me of my travelling days.Oh,how i miss them now.............

Poorna said...

Hi Yasmin! How r u? happy to have made you feel nostalgic :)