Sunday, March 8, 2009

Blog Awards

Of late, my interest for blogging is on the wane.However, I was pushing myself to write at least one post a week. At this juncture, this award from Karthik Krishna has truly raised my spirits.KK, thanks a ton for your award and Lancelot, thanks for initiating this award. I am truly honored.Before I write 10 things about myself as per the instruction, I pass on this award to one of my favorite bloggers , Freya.The reason for passing this award to her is her blog lives up to the title of the award.It is cute. So, thank you Freya for making my job easy. When I thought of passing this award, the first name that came to my mind was you.

I also take this opportunity to thank Karthik, who passed two awards to me sometime back.Since this is a special post about blog awards, I would like to pass on those awards (though a bit late) to some of my favorite bloggers. I pass the Butterfly award to Ritu, whose blog is very cool.I added her blog to my favorite list on the very first day I saw her blog. So she is the appropriate person for this award.

Then, I pass this garland blog award to Nita and Aravind for expressing their social responsibility through their posts. Most of their posts create social awareness to the readers.So there can be no better persons for this award.

While passing the awards that were bestowed on me, I would also like to pass a new award to bloggers who were very supportive and encouraging.I would like to pass this significant blogger award to Karthik Krishna, Karthik,Vishal and Niranjani for constantly encouraging me in the blogosphere.Kindly bring to my notice if I have missed any blog(that I know) that deserves any of these awards .I will be more than happy to pay heed to your views.

Ok. As per the instruction given to me, it's time for listing 10 things about me.
  1. I have a good sense of humor.
  2. When I was in school, I was a dunce at Maths.
  3. I like potato very much.I can exchange anything for a cup of aloo sabji(potato side dish).
  4. My favorite colors are black,yellow, and blue.
  5. I hate fancy accessories.
  6. I like watching Tamil and Hindi movies that belong to the 80's.
  7. I am scared of dogs, in particular, stray dogs.
  8. I used to be a very stingy person till my school.Over a period of time,I became an impulsive spender( eppidi irunda naan, ippidi ayitten).
  9. I won't lose temper easily.But if I lose, I will throw tantrums at others.
  10. I am a late sleeper and late raiser.
Added Later: As some of you may wonder what to do with these awards (like I did), I give a quick gyan on the steps that you should follow:
  1. Copy the image of your award and flaunt it in your blog
  2. Link the image to my blog if you wish
  3. Pass it to your favorite bloggers if you wish

15 comments:

கா.கி said...

hi, thanks for the award... dunno hw significant im.. thanks anyway :)

Poorna said...

:)

Niranjani Ravi said...

"Epdi irundha naan, ipdi ayitten" hehehehehehehe :D

Poorna said...

hehehehehehehe.........

Unwinding Hours said...

Hey, thanks for the award. As this is my first award ever since my existence on Earth, I gladly accept it :-) Thanks a ton. Keep writing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Poorna and thanks for the award! Appreciate it very very much! I took some time to arrive here as I was out the whole day yesterday.
You have a good blog Poorna and I hope that you continue to write, even if it is once or twice a week. You deserve all the awards!

Freya said...

Thank you so much Poorna, this was the last thing I expected to happen yesterday! As you see, I have grabbed it instantly.

Poorna said...

Hi Vishal and Freya!pleasure is mine......keep up the good work :)

Hi Nita!Thank you. your words are very encouraging :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your award Poorna!!!!

Poorna said...

Hi Kanagu! Thank you :)

Freya said...

My situation is the same, but that's not cos I'm bored, my life has become eventless, but something makes us do it, I guess, like awards. I have got one more and I'm giving it to you ;)

you will have to blog for this.

(check my blog)

Poorna said...

Thank you Freya:)

Unknown said...

Thank you very much Poorna for the "Garland" award for my blog. This is really encouraging and supportive of you.Go on with your good work on your blog.

Still remember you being one of the most intelligent interviewees I have interviewed in my short "life" as an HR man. :-)

So you have the skill and the temperament to make it big. Kudos and once again thank you for the award.

Poorna said...

Hi Aravind!I am happy that you liked the award and thank you for your encouraging words........ I am moved and surprised that you still remember the interview session, which happened more or less three years ago....that was indeed motivating:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Bro! AfteceHoanoBon [url=http://ujyfyvedcc.com]kuyfgky[/url] Uncomb judfygbv SkilkyHesiapaydaymaf http://fkdsuyvgwufb.com Bloorrupttot