Friday, April 10, 2009

Arundathi:My View

I seriously regret for watching this movie in the first place.Since I am not in a mood to draft a proper review, I simply provide my general insights about this movie.The reason I wanted to see this movie was it is said that this movie is doing well in the box offices in Tamil Nadu.My quest to understand the "why" behind it instigated me to watch the movie.

The plot is Arundathi is a brave princess of an empire.She buries her devil brother-in law, who had acquired super natural powers to take revenge of her, alive.Even after his death, his devil spirit remains in the old palace, where he was being buried alive. Arundathi reincarnates into the same family again as Arundathi after one generation .The evil spirit of the buried brother in-law is still waiting to take revenge of Arundathi.In this battle between the evil and good, how the good destroys the evil power forms rest of the story.

Pluses
Anushka's appearance and her body language


Minuses
A very high dosage of superstition( a general phenomenon in all the mystery thrillers)
Absence of a gripping story( the story is not new)


The conclusion is I couldn't able to find the "why" part that I set out to find.

3 comments:

Karthik said...

Adiye arundadeeeeeeeee.... Unna pali vaangama vida maaten... heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.... :P

Lancelot said...

Padam mokkaya irunthalum Anushka chellathukkaga padam parkalam :P

Poorna said...

@Karthik:pali vanga vendiyathu, arunthathiya illa, athoda directora.......padam avalavu mokka...yes, all the audience shd reincarnate and take revenge of the director....

@Lancelot: ama ennalaye anushka kaga mattumthan pakka mudinchithu....appo ungalayelam kekkave vendam....