Monday, April 19, 2010

Contemplation

The last day in my present organization is round the corner. I wish I take a brief sabbatical to reflect on life and internalize the valuable lessons that I learned not only in my two and half year stint in the present organization, but all through my life. I wish I have the time to take stock of my experiences - good or enchanting experiences and bad or learning experiences and thank those who made my life easy and also those who acted tough to only bring out the potentials that were dormant in me. How I wish I could take time to recount the moments that almost reduced me to tears as well as relive the moments that kept me in high spirits. I also wish that I can look back and analyze where I have gone wrong and what was right and plan the life ahead accordingly.

However, I still have my plans charted out. It doesn't mean that I have taken decisions on the spur of the moment without any forethourght or I have ventured into uncharted waters. It only means that my fast- paced life doesn't provide the leeway to take time off for such musings. It means that I can take more charge of my life if I introspect. However, some of the lessons that I learned by the virtue of my experience are still etched in my mind as a beacon of light. They come handy as and when needed to steer me towards the right path.

You may wonder what is the necessity for such contemplation now. Isn't it too philosophical? Can't we take life as it comes? I don't subscribe to the idea of living life as it comes. We should imbibe the valuable lessons that each experience teaches us and reflect those lessons in our life.

6 comments:

கா.கி said...

everyone takes life as it comes, even you.. they jus don realize.. all d best :)

Poorna said...

Hi KK!! yes all of us take life as it comes, in one way it is good but we shd try to take charge our lives. "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail"

கா.கி said...

vayasula periyavanga, sonnaa correct ah dhan irukkum.... :P

Poorna said...

idukkaga publikka en vayasalam etha kudathu..... nalladu chinnavanga koooda sollalam :)

கா.கி said...

romba modest neenga

Poorna said...

:)