Monday, March 29, 2010

Waking Up to Realities

It has been quite some time since I posted my last entry. Of late, I wonder what do I blog about. I am bereft of ideas. However, I am back to blogging after a long sabbatical. My heartfelt gratitude for the readers and fellow bloggers, who were kind enough to shoot a mail and instigate me to resume blogging.This post is about my recent realizations.

Realization 1

If you are feeling a little low, go for a make-over. It need not be a complete make-over that will burn a big hole in your wallet. It can be a simple yet stylish hair style, a little hair coloring or highlighting, a mini spa or anything that you can afford. If it is possible, invest in a few new outfits. Otherwise, wear well-pressed and fresh clothes. Voila!!! You cannot believe the energy your make-over will produce. You will be in high spirits. I have tried and tested it.

Realization 2

Never under estimate your abilities. For that matter, don’t overrate too. Have a bird’s eye view of yourself. Weigh your abilities and shortcomings from a distance. Judge yourself from a third person’s point of view. This has helped me carry out some difficult tasks with ease. I couldn’t believe that I have done them.

Realization 3

Never pay heed to the discouraging remarks of others, blindly. See through people and find out whether their remarks are genuine or due to vengeance. Accept only if you feel their true motive is to help you. Even if their motive and intention is all for your good, they will know you only in a particular situation. You will know yourself better than anyone. Only you can be your best critic. But never ignore a mistake on your part. If you know that you have committed a mistake, accept it immediately.

Realization 4

I used be a stingy person till my post graduation. I would even walk several kilometers to save a penny. With the passage of time, I have become a spend-thrift. I realized we cannot save and build any grate wealth by depriving ourselves of happiness. Whereas, we can become even bankrupt by being a spend-thrift. BALANCE is the keyword.

These four realizations are nuggets of my personal experience and not a piece of fiction.

4 comments:

கா.கி said...

nice to c u back... :)

Poorna said...

Thank you KK :)

Unwinding Hours said...

"Realization is good, and most useful when it starts getting acted upon."

Poorna said...

Yes...Very True :)