Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Updates in My Life

I have finally taken the plunge and put my papers in my present organization. I did not take the decision on the spur of the moment, but was actually dilly-dallying for quite some time. I arrived at this decision after giving enough thought to it. But what next?? Well!! I have many plans up my sleeve. However, it is too pre-mature to announce it to the world. Hope everything goes well!!

On the other hand, I did a small research on when one should leave their present job. The list goes like this:

  • You are stagnant/ in the same post or position for a long time
  • Your interest in your work is on the wane
  • You feel you are under paid
  • You are not appreciated or encouraged
  • Your moral values are not in line with the values of your organization
  • You feel insecure/ threatened

Apart from the above reasons, people leave their present job for better opportunities, due to problems caused by co-workers or boss, marriage, child birth and other family situations. Some of my colleagues have had left their jobs for supporting their son or daughter appearing for board exams.

7 comments:

கா.கி said...

great.. all d best... can we expect a post abt the reason behind ur resignation ??

(pls remove the word verification)

Poorna said...

Hi KK! Thank u so much...... ya probably a long post for the reason behind the resign..... (word verification removed)

கா.கி said...

@poorna
nandri :)

Niyaz said...

Al d best for ur next move!!

Cheers...

Poorna said...

Hi Niyaz and KK, Thank u :)

Ramanathan said...

well job satisfaction is more important....chetan bhagat comes to my mind wen i think abt this....nice blog...keep blogging

Poorna said...

@ painful heart: Thank you for your encouraging words:)